Fiji – Boys – Level 1
Students will learn a Fijian meke, the meaning of the dance and song, cultural knowledge and basic Fijian words. Take the classes at your own pace.
This level is an introduction to Fijian meke, students will learn a meke, the meaning of the dance and song, cultural knowledge and basic Fijian words. Take the classes at your own pace.
- 8 weeks of video lessons- released every Saturday at 9am AEST.
- First video lesson to be released 7th November, there will be a one week break for Christmas period. Week eight video to be released on the 2nd January 2021.
- ASSESSMENT WEEK NINE– 9th January to the 16th January 2021 students are required to send in video of the meke learnt for marking.
- Week 6 is live zoom meeting with tutors 12th December 2020 12.30pm AEST
30-40 minutes. Meeting is an opportunity to ask questions and for tutors to discuss assessment, tutors may also run through dances.
- It is recommended that students send in progress videos every two weeks, to receive feedback, and assistance with technique.
- Upon completion of assessment, students will receive report and Certificate of Completion.
Ilikena has been dancing meke since his childhood, performing in meke for Traditional special occasions. He was raised in the village where he learnt meke first hand from the village elders.