Fiji – Girls – Level 1
Students will learn Fiji Meke, choreography, meaning of the dance and cultural knowledge and some language.
FIJI GIRLS Level one– Introduction to Fiji Meke
This level is an introduction to Fijian meke, students will also learn choreography, meaning of the dance and cultural knowledge and some language.
- 8 weeks of video lessons- released every Saturday at 9am AEST.
- First video lesson to be released 7th November, there will be a one week break for Christmas period, week eight video to be released on the 2nd January 2021.
- ASSESSMENT WEEK NINE– 9th January to the 16th January 2021 students are required to complete a quiz and send in video of the meke learnt.
- Week 6 is live zoom meeting with tutors 12th December 2020 12.30pm AEST
30-40 minutes. Meeting is an opportunity to ask questions and for tutors to discuss assessment, tutors may also run through dances.
- It is recommended that students send in progress videos every two weeks, to receive feedback, and assistance with technique.
- Upon completion of assessment students will receive report and Certificate of Completion.
Grace started performing meke in primary school in Fiji. She came to truly love meke during school dances in High school where she attended a Fijian all girls prominent boarding school.