Siva Samoa – Intermediate – Level 3
This course is continuing on with routine taught from previous levels and excelling to harder combination of moves.
SIVA SAMOA INTERMEDIATE LEVEL THREE – This course is for students who completed the level two course successfully. Upon completion of this course students will learn how to use nifo oti in a siva taualuga as well as expanding on the Siva ipu popo from level two, cultural knowledge will include Social Hierarchy, Cultural protocols, costume making, sustainable practises and ancient stories from Samoa. Students under 13 years of age can also join however it will be a higher level of difficulty.
- 8 weeks of video lessons- released every Saturday at 9am AEST.
- First video lesson to be released 7th November, there will be a one week break for Christmas period, week eight video to be released on the 2nd January 2021.
- Week nine is assessment week- whereby students are required to send in video of the dances learnt and complete a quiz based on information shared throughout term- Assessment week is 9th January to the 16th January 2021.
- Week 7 is live zoom meeting with tutors 19th December 2020 12pm AEST
30 minutes. Meeting is an opportunity to ask questions and for tutors to discuss assessment, tutors may also run through dances.
- It is recommended that students send in progress videos every two weeks, to receive feedback, assistance with technique.
- Upon completion of assessment students will receive report and Certificate of Completion.
Maryjane has extensive experience on the local and international stage in Polynesian cultural arts and performances spanning over 20 years.