Fiji – Girls – Level 3
Students will learn Fiji Meke, choreography, meaning of the dance and cultural knowledge and some language.
FIJI GIRLS Level three- Is for students with meke experience or who have completed level two and wanting to brush up on meke skills, learn choreography and cultural knowledge which includes information about social hierarchy, cultural protocols, costume making, sustainable practises, legends and more.
- 8 weeks of video lessons- released every Saturday at 9am AEST.
- First video lesson to be released 7th November, there will be a one week break for Christmas period, week eight video to be released on the 2nd January 2021.
- Week nine is assessment week- whereby students are required to complete a quiz and send in video of the meke they learnt– Assessment week is 9th January to the 16th January 2021.
- Week 7 is live zoom meeting with tutors 19th December 2020 12.30pm AEST
30-40 minutes. Meeting is an opportunity to ask questions and for tutors to discuss assessment.
- It is recommended that students send in progress videos every two weeks, to receive feedback, assistance with technique.
- *Upon completion of assessment students will receive report and Certificate of Completion.
Grace started performing meke in primary school in Fiji. She came to truly love meke during school dances in High school where she attended a Fijian all girls prominent boarding school.